- "Act of war"
- "Who has performed the greatest act of love?"
- "Caught in the act"
- "the Acts of the Apostles"
a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body
- "Educational Act for the 21st century"
- "Act of Parliament"
- "at the press conference they presented a new act on social welfare"
- "The Parliament passed an act banning the sale of weapons"
- lag [ politik ]
a subdivision of a play or opera or ballet
- "the king died at the end of the first act"
- "A drama in four acts"
- akt [ teater ]
something that people do or cause to happen
- "tennis is a human activity"
a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program
- "he did his act three times every evening"
- nummer [ teater ]
a manifestation of insincerity
- "he put on quite an act for her benefit"
- skådespel Ungefär [ teater ]
- "The breaks of my new car act quickly"
perform on a stage or theater play a role or part
- "She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role"
- "He acted in "Julius Caesar""
- "She acts in this play"
behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself
- "You should act like an adult"
- bete sig
discharge one's duties
- "She acts as the chair"
- "In what capacity are you acting?"
pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind
- "He acted the idiot"
be suitable for theatrical performance: "This scene acts well"