- "he loved her only in the abstract--not in person"
- "He was abstracted by his thoughts of her"
göra utdrag ur dokument
- "This document may be freely abstracted"
dra ut det väsentliga
- "The following text is abstracted from the book"
consider a concept without thinking of a specific example; consider abstractly or theoretically consider apart from a particular case or instance
- "Let's abstract away from this particular example"
existing only in the mind; separated from embodiment; dealing with a subject in the abstract without practical purpose or intention
- "abstract science"
- "abstract reasoning"
- "abstract words like `truth' and `justice'"
not representing or imitating external reality or the objects of nature
- "a large abstract painting"