- "Our countryside is increasingly being absorbed by the large cities."
- "The barrier absorbed the main impact of the crash."
take up, as of debts or payments
- "The company was forced to absorb the cost of tax increases."
- ta på sig
cause to become one with
- "The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax"
- gå in i
be able to take in, as of liquids
- "The sponge absorbs water well"
engage or engross wholly
- "His work absorbed him completely."
- "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
- [ mat ]