- "The best thing about George Bush..."
- "I never did like him. There was something about him."
till eller bland många olika platser eller i obestämd riktning
- "He went about in circles"
- "He is about here, somewhere in this jungle"
- "It's somewhere about here"
- "Even if you have something to boast about..."
- "They fasten the rope about him"
- "Do you know anything about it?"
all around or on all sides
- "let's look about for help"
- "dirty clothes lying around (or about)"
(of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished; (`near' is used informally for `nearly' as in "I was near exhausted by the run"; `most' is used informally for `almost' as in "most everybody agrees")
- "the car all but ran her down"
- "the job is (just) about done"
- "There is something about her, but I can't quite put my finger on it"
- "He have thrown litter all about the room"
- "When I left her she had no money about her"
- "I cry about this"