something presented as a gift
- "his tie was a present from his wife"
any continuous stretch of time including the moment of speech
- "he lives in the present with no thought of tomorrow"
- "that is enough for the present"
- "the commencement speaker presented a forceful speech that impressed the students"
formally present a debutante, a representative of a country, etc.
spatial sense; being or existing in a specified place
- "the murderer is present in this room"
- "present at the creation"
- "present at the wedding"
(grammar) a verb tense or other construction referring to events or states that exist at the moment